Friday, May 22, 2015

Scream on Someone You Love Today

This record is from 1967... but culturally, it feels more like, say, 1959. It's a collection of "snappy answers to stupid questions", mother-in-law jokes, dusty gags, and eye-rolling one-liners from Rodney Dangerfield prototype Jack E. Leonard. Interestingly, it has a cast, and comedy songs interspersed with comedy patter. I can't say I did any laughing, but I appreciated the effort. The only part I like is the cover. So... why do I keep listening to it?

PS -- Scream "on" someone? Who says that?

1 comment:

  1. Listening to this today... original Verve 71/2 ips reel to reel tape. Comedy that you don't hear today because of politically correct world that would find something offensive with just about all the skits on this album.

    ReplyDelete