Sunday, April 5, 2015

One Man's Way

This is a 1960's biopic about Norman Vincent Peale. It stars Don Murray as Peale, and he does a great job as a movie screen minister. I'm always interested in stories about charismatic speakers who are trying to balance showmanship and meaning -- and this is certainly one of those. I can't say I found it hugely inspiring, but it certainly asks some good questions, and it makes me wonder about maybe finally getting around to reading The Power of Positive Thinking. Also, look for Gerald Gordon (aka Nick Bellini from "The Doctors" ... I'm hooked on that right now), and Ann Morgan Guilbert (Millie from the Dick van Dyke show). How, exactly, faith should best be a part of our lives is something each of us has the pleasure and privilege to wrestle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment