Friday, March 13, 2015

Wisdom from The World According to Mister Rogers

This is a cute miniature version of a larger collection of Fred Rogers quotes. I recieved it as a gift the night that the Fred Rogers Company won Pittsburgher of the Year.

Some really interesting ones were quotes from others that Fred really liked:
You aren't just the age you are. You are all the ages you have ever been! --Kenneth Koch
 Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart, and learn to love the questions themselves. --Rainer Maria Rilke
But most of them were wisdom from Fred himself.
Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime's work, but it's worth the effort. 
Please think of the children first. If you ever have anything to do with their entertainment, their food, their toys, their custody, their day or night care, their health care, their education-- listen to the children, learn about them, learn from them. Think of the children first.
I consider that what I do through Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is my ministry. A ministry doesn't have to be only through a church, or even through an ordination. And I think we all can minister to others in this world by being compassionate and caring. I hope you will feel good enough about yourselves that you will want to minister to others, and that you will find your own unique ways to do that. 
 It's a brave notion, to consider your work a ministry. I am trying to become that brave myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment