Saturday, December 27, 2014

Blake's 7: Cygnus Alpha

I'm way overdue to be watching Blake's 7. I've been watching Doctor Who since 1976, so you'd think that sooner or later I'd watch the *other* famous sci-fi series written by the creator of the daleks, Terry Nation. But, yeah, somehow it hasn't happened. But last Christmas, Santa gave me the Cygnus Alpha audiobook, and I only recently got around to listening to it. It's really good! Great voice acting, and solid, interesting writing. I wasn't expecting much, but now I'm quite curious to check out the show -- though I worry that compared to this well-written, well-narrated audiobook, I might be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. When I entered college my two main fictional role models were Zonker Harris from Doonesbury and Kerr Avon from Blake's 7. The goal was to become a 50/50 hybrid. Instead I really have about zero traits from either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the show is great. well worth getting a hold of, darker and more dystopian than Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jesse,
    Kindly let me introduce myself, I'm an Art Director, directing Zynga games.

    I love your book "The art of game design a book of lenses"

    It teaches so much...so indepth thinking you have.

    Really.

    Following your blog now :)

    Regards from a far away land

    ReplyDelete